The Tree of Life - a poem by Mahira Amir Khan


(This is a poem that I penned in July 2009 that was followed by a series of vivid dreams. Mahira Amir Khan.)


The Tree of Life
          a poem by Mahira Amir Khan

The Tree of Life
it grew and grew
With ripe berries
Gold, gilded Peaches
Spiraling, silver streams of nectar
Sparkling leaves of Light
A Very Unusual tree indeed!

They called it
the Tree of Life
The Louvre
With its streams of passageways...
The Loved.

I called it my HEART
In my Affection,
it took root.

It’s branches twined
Upwards and outwards
And yet its elegant fingers learned not to grasp
Like a work of art it spiraled forth

Look at its trunk
Jewels you will see
I stroke my fingers across its luscious patterns
The glints of light catch my eye
Emeralds, rubies
Sapphires and more

What tree is this?
Of what species
And whenceforth did it come?

And yet it grows so firmly and strongly
This unknown species of fauna
Confidently scaling the heights of my spine
It rises between my Sight
And creates such sensations as it tickles my brow
A bushel of leaves emerge as it travels behind my unseen eye

Sparkling leaves....of light!
Remember how they glint
with the rays that pour
through spaces
between Life and Creation

Ripe Berries
Filled......
with the Fuschia, Pink Blood of life

Expressively !
Bursting in numbers
as if to say
TASTE ME
DEVOUR ME
I am Yours to be Had !

Their juices traverse
Through the channels in my mind
And then beyond
Glistening through pathways in my brain

What is abreast ?
What plan is nigh ?

Yet my questions sleep
they purr
and I give up ...
the process now begun...

No turning back
this Deliciousness has a Mission
So resolute
So firm

And I
its willing sacrifice
the quiet lamb
that begins to sport
a lustrous mane

The lamb has died
and all is lost
Yet by sacrificing all
I lose none
and can only Gain

This Life force Breathes
So brilliantly Alive

And with a Roar
my head leans back
Bathed in clouds of joy
Shimmering
Tickling so magically

But more!
It asks for more!
Higher and further
This tree desires to grow
Its branches push upward even more!
So firmly confident

This tree
a living Being
that knows its Desire!

Compelled... yet in no way blindly
It spirals fantastically
Whimsically!

Oh what a sight this is!
How fascinating is its journey onward
How thrilling...
This tree Feels
It Stirs !

And then the Vapours burst forth as it
Breaks through the confines of my skull
Released!
Grown too big for this fragile Vessel

It begs to release its Seed
And pour its fruit for all to share

Blossoms
Billions of blossoms
The impossible it seems
Pouring forth so easily
What a sight
What Beauty, What Majesty

But now I See....
The day arrived
Just as foreseen

The Tree of Life
It had to Grow....
There was no other way.



written by Mahira Amir Khan
copyright 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Establishing Heavenly Governments on Earth - The Bench of 3, 7 & 12

KINGDOM REALITY- Navigating the Courts of Heaven - by Robert Henderson

Biblical references to the Ecclesia, Beit Dein & Courts of Heaven ... Robert Henderson